Thursday, July 3, 2014

THE INTRICACIES OF DESIGN

HI ALL ...
Long time ... Siiiiigh! I really have these great urges to post as often as once a week or more but ALAS!
I've been trying to design as much as possible to showcase the product on the Etsy website (www.EdenHouseofDesigns.Etsy.com ) in the interim while I work on getting the company website running. A little while back a client reached out to ask if I could design something for her mom in time for Mother's Day. Feels like eons ago given its already halfway through the year now - my, how time flies!! In any case, I had just gotten some cobalt blue magnesite length drilled slabs and was pondering how to use it. I vacillated quite a bit between using silver versus gold findings to bring some 'bling' into the piece. After setting out the stones and deciding on silver, I then tried to determine what would bring some OOMph to the piece. A single strand appeared too simple for the statement look I tend to gravitate towards so decided to double it up with the hope that Mommy's neck bone was made of sterner stuff -- no flimsy collagenous bones here, whew! I ended up with a great set. However, the challenge was in trying to find pieces in my current stash to complete the product in a chic manner as well as making sure my poor fingers did not get caught in the pliers when twisting wire for the matching earrings. A big shout out to my client though - I got such an amazingly timely payment though she really had me struggling to figure out how to accept a payment via email of all things!! Who would've thought we'd get here with technology - I must still be in the Victorian era because all these email verification's via Wellsfargo in order to link to BOA weblink to transfer the $$ had me mind-boggled for a hot minute! Since the hold up was on my technologically backward end, I just went ahead and shipped the product out  in enough time for her to oooh & aaah over her new baby - from my arms to her neck - (all the while on bended knees praying funds would be figured out.. lol). Suffice to say, I ironed out my hi-tech issues and MAMA loved her GIFT!!!!
I subsequently re-ordered more stones but somehow the cobalt blue stones from the same vendor were not as vibrant as the previous set, I thought. I suppose given the nature of the stone, variations are to be expected. So this time round, I tried it with gold findings as well.
* A SAFE & HAPPY 4th of July Celebration to ALL* [...In my dreams but hoping come Monday when I return to work, I will see less banana bags (=vitamin replacement IV bags for alcohol abuse) and less admissions with those who got too happy with the moonshine lol.. we"ll see!! ]
...Muaahzzzzzzzz
PS:  Let me know which one you like better, Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment