Thursday, July 10, 2014

THE INTRICACIES OF DESIGN II

HELLOOOO ALL,
I hope you had a lovely JULY 4th HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!. I actually had a pretty restful weekend and spent some quality time with my bebe since it seems like for the last few months we've been like ships passing in the night. Unfortunately in all that enjoyment I forgot that my Dad's birthday was on July 4th, so calling him with well wishes completely escaped me :(/! But then again at 68, i'm sure he can identify with forgetfulness, so I am thinking I'm most likely forgiven ;-P
Shortly before holiday, I had spoken with a client who tended to veer towards a more simplistic yet chic look. She wanted a modification on a previous multi-strand coral and turquoise piece I had made months earlier so I ordered the beads for this custom project. It appears I ordered the wrong size coral stick beads for when the temporarily strung beads arrived, I was horrified but really didn't feel up to the hassle of return. Little did I know the stringing would be a labor of love. Suffice to say I was not a happy campter given that it took a combination of 2 days and almost 11 hours total to string the teeny beads onto a silver wire. On day 1- after I started dozing off at the table with only a strand and half completed, I was like, ENOUGH of this! Especially since I was working bright and early the next morning. Meanwhile my hubby had already given me a crazy look (u know the the one that says- "U are Joking right"..) and hied himself off to bed an hour earlier. What can I say, I tend to push the limits when I'm motivated! The only sad thing is the energizer bunny inside of me tends to be a wimp at times..huff..eyeroll!! :-P
In any case, I eventually finished it (NO JOKE) after much stringing and re-stringing to ensure that the layers would lie appropriately on chest and neckline once worn. These pictures are just to give you an idea of how labor and time intensive some of these beading projects tend to be. I can now start to understand why some of these products on the market are so pricey.


 The ORIGINAL 5-Strand Statement Piece- Adora

No comments:

Post a Comment