Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Showcasing The Product II

Well Well Well, Photography is NO JOKE and I applaud all who put the time in to excel at this career.
I left the house yesterday afternoon on the pretext of going grocery shopping -at least that was what was agreed on since the refrigerator is EMPTY and the dining table is non-functional as I said before. However, I got a call from the ever capable Mz.Aisha to bring additional products for shooting if I had them (so generous spirited of her reaaaallly...). I took along a bottle of Motrin since she had complained of back ache from all the gyrations needed to get a great shots from several takes in order to get a different perspective on each piece. Little did I know this was not going to be a quick drop off as I had anticipated. I was recruited as photography assistant for the product shoot for all the pieces I had left with her (TO BE POSTED SOON) and my OH my! It was no easy task. Mind you, all I was actually doing was setting up the pieces on the white background and being a 'paper holder' to decrease the glare from the target lighting. I left there almost 3 hours later needing some Vitamin I (Motrin) as well STILL with no food in my fridge! Whew, I can now begin to understand the amount of work that has to go into making an excellent finished product. Lets just say, the products came out looking great and showcasing the character within some of the stone pieces. Can't wait to POST. Of course, the end result is to sell the pieces but it feels like I'm parting with my babies. Hmm...my hubby will probably spaz-out if he realizes I'm having separation anxiety - left to him alone, these babies should have found new homes by right about now...LOL!  So, till the next update, 'Keep your chin up and know all things are possible for HE is the LIFTER up of our heads!"
Hugz
PS: This is a teaser of a piece I made for the BOLD beach bride who is not afraid of color or size ;-P

1 comment: