Sunday, April 27, 2014

HAPPY EASTER/ RESURRECTION DAY

Hello All,
So this post is a tad late...I can't believe its already a week after Easter and what a busy one it has been as well. In lieu of doing more pieces for my Jewelry product line, I've been trying to come up with a sample board design for a client's home modernization /remodel project and its been fun and challenging at the same time. I'll post what I did in another blog so you can see my "all things bright and beautiful" mantra at work.
In the interim, I just wanted to give my husband kudos for helping me put together my fab Easter outfit for church. I wanted a chic & colorful look and he delivered! He likes to think of himself as a fashion guru (depending on his mood and tolerance level for the day) so I must have caught him on a good day for modeling different outfits as is...IMAGINE THAT! :)
I had these slim leg pants made in Ghana from ATL / Vlisco super-wax print fabric (ntama - Ghanaian, ankara - Nigerians) while back and I have really wanted to wear it for a while now but was hazy as to what to coordinate it with to avoid looking like an orange color pencil. The motif in the fabric looks somewhat like flame-bursts and the color is predominantly brownish orange with specks of white. So i tried on a couple of tops and finally settled on a white eyelet peplum blouse that went well despite the textured fabric. He suggested pairing that with an orange & gold corset belt, a reddish necklace and I picked some 'killer' shimmery bronze-burnished gold pumps. I use the word 'killer' because the trick is to not wobble or topple in these 4+" pumps as i'm sashaying myself down the aisle in church (I know some of you ladies can testify..). And Alas! I almost toppled over some little girl who crossed my path without me noticing when we were trying to get in through the sanctuary doors. Umm umm umm...divine intervention is all I can say at this point. Suffice to say the mother cut me a look like some gigantic homo sapien was about to crush her 'baby" who was a full grown-jumpy 4 year old I might add!
In any case I digress.
So based on the outfit, the goal was to find accessories that complimented it. I had an "Ah huh" moment when I remembered I had some reddish-orange strand of magnesite stones that i was yet to put together and VOILA, a lovely statement necklace was created and I got several compliments. I wore this with Gold stud earrings because I strongly believe that wearing bold earrings and necklaces together as a set just doesn't seem quite right. I think some women with long necks can pull it off but other than that, you just look like you are carrying a mother-load - and God forbid if your head is the smaller variety....Hmmm.....
Unfortunately, I did not take a full fledged picture of the entire outfit but so you can see the jewelry that complements the look I've dubbed as "Flame", I placed them all together (sans the orange belt). DISCLAIMER: Please note this is not a professionally taken photograph set up by an LA wardrobe designer. :)
Till another day -- BE INSPIRED!


No comments:

Post a Comment